Friday, March 25, 2011

Book Blogger Hop and Follow Friday

Now for another round of:


Follow Friday (click the pic to join in)

This week's question:

Give us five BOOK RELATED silly facts about you:

1.I need dead silence to read and *really* get into the story
2. I feel like bookstore clerks look down on me if I go to the register with only Manga
and it makes me nervous
3. If a book has illustrations by Edward Gorey, I will buy it...
even if I have no desire to ever read the book
4. I buy children's books for children I don't even have.
5. I have Ron and Harry Tonner dolls without faces o_O
I was in the process of repainting them and my sealing spray got to the end of the bottle and blew
a bunch of junk all over Harry's face... so I put them in the box and forgot about them... but now that the last movies are coming out and I'm rereading the books...
I want to pull them out and paint them again.


And 
Book Blogger Hop
Book Blogger Hop (click the pic to join in)

"If you could physically put yourself into a book or series…which one would it be and why?"

How can I be sure I'm not already living in the Harry Potter series? What if I'm just a muggle?!?!
Seriously though, I would want to live in the Harry Potter world... just... you know... as a witch.

10 comments:

  1. Happy Hopping!

    www.blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh being in Harry's world would be awesome! As a witch of course! I need near absolute silence to read as well. Practically dead silence, but I have been able to read with noise if need be. Such as back in high school, I plugged my ipod headphones in and read! Lately I just have my TV on very low, practically on mute and can read comfortably!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old follower
    Jessica@a GREAT read

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great choice with Harry Potter!

    Your newest follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your silly facts answer! Happy Fridayl I think I'm new to your blog and will be checking it out.
    Natalie :0)
    www.thebookinn.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apologies in advance for my answer this week as it will not immediately resonate with the book blogger population which happens to be 99.5% female.

    My choice is a book series geared towards guys which won’t enthrall the vast majority of my fellow book bloggers (who are almost entirely female) with the extensive discussion of powerful weapons and sexy milspec gear, beautiful women, eye-popping action sequences (with occasionally obscene violence), and the like.

    But there IS something in my answer that just about everyone of the female persuasion can benefit from my decidedly “books for guys” post. Hop on over to http://www.howardsherman.net to find out what it is.

    Happy Hop Friday!

    Howard Sherman
    http://www.howardsherman.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. LoL, you're just more cultured and wider read than the clerks! I feel the same way about Gorey!! I love, love, love him!!!
    Happy Hopping! Have a good weekend!

    New follower here :)

    My FF: sinnfulbooks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My life would be complete if I were transported into the Harry Potter world!

    New follower! I love your blog, the squids are soo CUTE!

    Here's my Follow Friday & Blogger Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it would be fun to live in Harry Potter's world too. I loved reading your thoughts and am now a follower. Enjoy your weekend.

    Reading Lark's Follow Friday & Hop

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, you make me feel so much better! I, too, buy children's books for children I don't even have, haha. I thought I was the only one. :)

    Anyway, just an old follower hopping through. I hope you're having a wonderful Friday!

    -Sandra from http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hopping through. I often need total silence to really get into books. Unless I'm already really into it or it's a light read - then I can listen to music.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete