Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday

 Click the image above to visit The Broke and the Bookish, and join in the fun!

Top Ten Books on my TBR List for Summer 2013!
1. The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
Have I been hearing anything other than rave reviews about this book?
Nope. I want it, I want it now!

 2. The Long War by Terry Pratchett & Stephen Baxter
I'm always up for some Pratchett, and with Baxter's tendency to blow up the world,
this could prove to be an interesting book.

 3. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
I received this one as a request to review... so it's next on my list. :)
The funny thing... even though I was contacted to read this... I'd always wanted to read it anyways.

4.The Age of Zeus by James Lovegrove
So, I read The Age of Ra... and honestly, I'm still not sure exactly how much I did, or didn't, like it... so I figure I'll at least try to make it through two or three in the series before making any final decisions... the story was amusing, but of course, the gods were entirely predictable.

5. Kill the Dead by Richard Kadrey
I just read the first in the Sandman Slim series... so, yeah... all the Kadrey books on this list are part of Sandman Slim's book series. I loved the first one, it's a GREAT summer read. I devoured book one in a matter of hours.

6. Aloha from Hell by Richard Kadrey

7. Devil Said Bang by Richard Kadrey

8. Kill City Blues by Richard Kadrey

9. The Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
I LOVE Leviathan, Goliath and Behemoth... soo, so, so much, so I figured I'd give another Westerfeld book a try and see if I love his writing style as much as I love those books.

10. We, THE DROWNED by Carsten Jensen
I'm going to be honest... I don't know a thing about this book. I saw it on the shelf... and lately I've just not been feelin' the YA genre, so I've been branching off and grabbing adult fiction (Sandman Slim, The Age of Ra? Yeah...) and this just happens to be one of them.

6 comments:

  1. I hope you enjoy the books on your list! I should try some more Scott Westerfeld.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children last summer. Enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children is amazing! I'm actually hoping to reread it since I read it over a year ago.

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Uglies is such a good read! I read that so long ago, but it was awesome! Great picks :)

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children is one I hop e to read at a later date. you have a great list. Have a great Summer of reading!
    Here is my post from Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete