Every week, The Broke and the Bookish hosts Top Ten Tuesday.
This week, the topic is:
Top Ten Favorite Secondary Characters:
1. CooRoo from The Hounds of the Morrigan by Pat O'Shea:
CooRoo is the children's guide through the mysterious world of fey,
and I love him to death.
2. Puddeneen from The Hounds of the Morrigan by Pat O'Shea:
Puddeneen is a bewildered frog who is put to work by The Morrigan.
3. The Nac Mac Feegle from Terry Pratchett's Tiffany Aching Series:
There have never been secondary characters that make me laugh so danged much.
Now, you might argue that they're the main characters as well... but really,
these books are about Tiffany, and she is THE main character... so I'm counting the Feegle as supporting cast, HILARIOUS supporting cast.
4. Belen and The Monkeys from Maria V. Snyder's Healer Series:
Ok, time to fess up... it's safe to say that when reading these guilty pleasures (aka, any book written by Maria V. Snyder)... I always seem to like the secondary characters more than the main ones... so I put a few of my favs on this list... but it really counts for every book she writes, LOL.
5. Dog from Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett:
Really... the whole concept is just too funny.
6. Tom Bombadil from The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien:
There, I said it, I loved Tom Bombadil...
was I sad they left him out of the movies?
He would have been a bit too wacky for the mood Jackson was setting,
I think, but I still love his character.
7. Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
What can I say, I love the quirky oddballs :)
8. Mouse from The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher:
Harry's pet Foo Dog... Mouse is just about the coolest dog EVER.
9. Beth from Little Women by Louisa May Alcott:
She was just such a tragic sweetheart, and my favorite sister.
10. Nico di Angelo from The Percy Jackson Series by Rick Riordan:
I also like the darker characters... lol.