Monday, March 25, 2013

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

Welcome to another edition of "It's Monday, What Are You Reading?"
Click the image above to join in the linky fun!

Well, seeing as how I just picked this book up this morning, and it's one I've been
saying for quite some time, "I'm going to read!"

This week I'm reading:
39 Clues
Book 1:
The Maze of Bones
by Rick Riordan

Amazon Synopsis:
Minutes before she died Grace Cahill changed her will, leaving her decendants an impossible decision: "You have a choice - one million dollars or a clue."

Grace is the last matriarch of the Cahills, the world's most powerful family. Everyone from Napoleon to Houdini is related to the Cahills, yet the source of the family power is lost. 39 clues hidden around the world will reveal the family's secret, but no one has been able to assemble them. Now the clues race is on, and young Amy and Dan must decide what's important: hunting clues or uncovering what REALLY happened to their parents. 

I've been curious about this series for a while, and *really* wanted to start reading it when I learned that Rick Riordan wrote the first one... so, here goes nothing!

What did I finish last week?

Scent of Magic
Book 2 in the Healer series
by Maria V. Snyder

Amazon Synopsis:
As the last Healer in the Fifteen Realms, Avry of Kazan is in a unique position: in the minds of friends and foes alike, she no longer exists. Despite her need to prevent the megalomaniacal King Tohon from winning control of the Realms, Avry is also determined to find her sister and repair their estrangement. And she must do it alone, as Kerrick, her partner and sole confidant, returns to Alga to summon his country into battle.
Though she should be in hiding, Avry will do whatever she can to support Tohon's opponents. Including infiltrating a holy army, evading magic sniffers, teaching forest skills to soldiers and figuring out how to stop Tohon's most horrible creations yet: an army of the walking dead—human and animal alike and nearly impossible to defeat.
War is coming and Avry is alone. Unless she figures out how to do the impossible…again.

Read my review HERE.

10 comments:

  1. Niiice! I looooved Scent of Magic!! Pretty much anything Maria writes I love!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, she's totally my guilty pleasure read... I can't help it... must... read... Snyder XD

      Delete
  2. I adore Rick Riordan. I hope this one is as good as the Percy Jackson series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With this series, every book is written by a different author... so only book 1 is written by Riordan, and so far, it's friggin AWESOME... it's just so cute! I'm hoping all the rest of them are as good. It will be interesting reading a story told by so many different authors.

      Delete
  3. Scent of Magic sounds interesting. I'm not familiar with this series but I would give it a try. Thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scent of Magic looks delightful. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read most of The 39 Clues series and really enjoyed it! Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for commenting! I've read several of Rick's book but don't think I have any of the 39 Clue series. And while Maria is on my tbr list, I don't have any of her books, yet ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read one of Maria Snyder's Poinson series. I thought it was pretty good, and didn't realized she had another series out. I should check it out.

    We just put in few of the 39 clues books into out school library. it's one of those series that get checked out right away. Kids love them. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey thanks for stopping by!

    Don't worry, I never normally read this many books a week, it's just because I'm off uni for Easter and am basically just reading through all my free time!

    I love Maria V. Snyder too, though I didn't enjoy this series as much as her others. Your link to your review seems to be broken by the way, did you know?

    Hope you had a great week!

    ReplyDelete