Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Heroin you will love...



I just got finished reading the first series by Maria V. Snyder... and I thought it was brilliant.
You will find the first two of these books in the YA section of the book store, although the content is very adult and I think the entire series could be in the Adult Fantasy section.

The three books, in order, are:

Poison Study
Magic Study
Fire Study

and they follow the life of Yelena, a criminal on death row who is offered the position of food taster for the country of Ixia's Commander.

Yelena is a wonderful, strong, real leading character.


Book Cover: 3/5
Book Title: 5/5
Plot: 5/5
Characters: 5/5 (the reasons I keep coming back for more!)
Ending: 5/5

1 comment:

  1. Well you must like this a lot with the five stars. I have seen a review of this before. Since all the books are out, I might take a chance on it. I hate waiting for the last book to come out, however I appreciate how hard it is for an author to write a novel. I didn't realize it contained adult content though. Glad you included that.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete