Monday, August 23, 2010

Troll's-Eye View (Book of Short Stories)



This is a collection of stories that would be perfect bedtime material... each story being only about 3-4 pages long, they could easily be read from start to finish to any child while they lay all snuggled safe under their covers. Mostly the stories tell the tale of the villians of old fairytales.

I really enjoy the reimagining from the villian's perspective too, especially in the case of Jack & The Beanstalk, Rapunzel and Hansel & Gretel... in fact, the Hansel and Gretel story might be my favorite one in there... it's haunting.

I recommend picking this up for a quick, fun read... and it features some of the best in the field... Jane Yolen, Neil Gaimen, Holly Black, Peter S. Beagle, Michael Cadnum, Nancy Farmer, Wendy Froud, Nina Kiriki Hoffman, Ellen Kushner, Kelly Link, Garth Nix, Delia Sherman, Midori Snyder, Joseph Stanton and Catherynne M. Valente.

1 comment:

  1. I would buy Troll's Eye View for the cover alone! BTW and this is Blog hop but I often Hop comment when I am looking at the blogs. I am now following your blog. Fangs, Wands and Fairy Dust
    steph@fangswandsandfairydust.com

    ReplyDelete