Monday, September 13, 2010

A Web Comic Everyone Should Read

Lackadaisy
by Tracy Butler
http://www.lackadaisycats.com/comic.php?comicid=1


is possibly one of the most beautiful, hilarious web comics I've ever come across.
It is updated regularly and really is an amazing piece of artwork.


Not to mention the story is fantastic.
It's about Prohibition in 1927 in St. Louis, Missouri.

Now... before you go thinking... 'Ew... but... cats... that's like, Furry or something...'
The reason the author/illustrator used cats as characters is because she is obsessed with rendering facial expressions, and felt that the addition of mobile ears, tail, and large eyes would help emphasize the expressions.
Not to mention

"When dealing in sociopathic criminalism and gratuitous violence, how could it not be cats?"
~Tracy Butler

Not into reading comics on the web?
Volume 1 is now out in Graphic Novel form, and it's BEAUTIFUL!

This is a series and an artist that should not be overlooked.

3 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going to check this out! I love the artwork and the era. Very Cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love LackaDaisy cats. I'm not sure how I found it, but I love it and I follow it religiously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! I'm adding the site to my bookmarks. I really would like to find the book for my library too... Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete