Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday

 To join in the "Waiting on Wednesday" fun, click HERE!

This week, I'm choosing something a little different:


Skip•Beat! 29
Due out: October 2nd

Here's Amazon' synopsis of the issue:

Kyoko Mogami followed her true love Sho to Tokyo to support him while he made it big as an idol. But he's casting her out now that he's famous! Kyoko won't suffer in silence--she's going to get her sweet revenge by beating Sho in show biz!
On the way to the Dark Moon wrap party Kyoko bumps into her cast mate Kijima. He’s never paid her any attention before, but he heard that people called her beautiful when they saw her in her Natsu role. Kijima can’t contain his curiosity and buys Kyoko a total makeover for the party. But is his interest innocent, or does he have wicked plans in store?!

 I *really* love this series. It's a shojo manga, but unlike many shojo manga, the lead character is strong, amazing and incredibly likable. She's no sniveling pansy!
I have read Skip Beat from the beginning, and have loved every minute of it. It mixes drama and comedy seamlessly... and NO, this is NOT A VAMPIRE COMIC!!! 
(I know the cover illustration for volume 29 might have you thinking otherwise, but it's not)

What it is, though, is a good solid storyline that, for a shojo manga, has surprisingly little romance in it. It's more about self empowerment. I mean, are there hot guys? Yes, of course... but are they the *only* thing going on in the main character's life? No.

5 comments:

  1. OOh interesting! Yeah, did think it was vampires at first! Can't blame a girl! Hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to give manga a shot. Why haven't I read this genre? Maybe I'll read this one first.

    Here's my WoW

    Thanks for sharing!

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm.. I'm not a fan of Japanese books. But I hope you enjoy this one once you get it. :)
    Here's my FF..
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh very interesting. This is new to me, it looks good though.

    ReplyDelete